‘Be courageous; be strong; do everything in love’
(Corinthians 16 v:13-14 )
These words define who we are as a Church school. They guide us as individuals and as a team, and helped support us in developing our vision.
We want to be an inspirational school that delivers excellence in learning by being creative, inclusive, grounded in Christian values and preparing children for life's challenges. To achieve this we will:
- Create a happy, secure, well ordered and caring community through which we will promote effective partnerships with our local families, churches, schools and the wider community
- Develop self-esteem and nurture each child's individual talents to allow everyone to flourish
- Ensure that a high- quality learning environment is maintained, with both indoor and outdoor aspects forming integral parts of school life
- Provide our children with great learning opportunities in all subjects which are broadly based, firmly rooted in the local area and enabled by excellent teaching
- Encourage everyone to take an active part in the life of our local, national and global communities and to encourage responsibility for the environment
Newbrough will be a school that the whole community is proud of; sustainable, successful and sought after. The children in our church school will be articulate, expressive and reflective, respecting and embracing differences and challenging prejudice and unfairness. They will be supported by a confident and well motivated teaching team who share a strong belief in all that we are seeking to achieve and who understand their contribution is valued. The outcome will be resilient learners who collaborate well and aren't afraid to try new things.